Watch out Megan Mullally. I saw your husband, Nick Offerman, without his shirt on this weekend. But don’t worry, so did hundreds of other people. They were mostly young guys wearing plaid but that’s neither here nor there. The Parks and Recreation star hit up The Town Hall this past Saturday for his American Ham tour. Over the course of the two-hour show I learned the following about the man who plays beef’s best friend, Ron Swanson:
- He giggles a lot
- He thinks Rob Lowe’s face is “like magic”
- He loves woodworking and meat as much as his character on NBC
- He’s a romantic (e.g. he’s always made homemade cards for the women in his life)
- He lives by 10 essential rules – one of them is to “Go outside. And remain.”
- He’s extremely vulgar (and horny)
- He agrees that he looks like “a Galifianakis“
I’d have to concur:
I don’t know if I can look at Ron the same way after witnessing this one-man show but I am grateful to see a comedian and actor gain so much success at a later age. Granted, he’s only 42, but that’s like 100 in Hollywood years.
*Note to self: Another one of Offerman’s rules to live by is to “Get a hobby. Master something.” Does eating count? If so, I’d be like the CEO of eating. But Nick would be the CMO. As in the “Chief Meat Officer.” Obvi.